Re: WEB:PL/SQL - How to execute TWO events on one buttonclick

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/11/02

HI Rene

> PROBLEM:
> I would like for the application to ALSO send a SMTP-mail to Member-B,
> at the same time that Member-A sends the internal message. ie. I want
> Member-B to be notified via "normal" mail that a new message was sent to
> him, and he should then log into the application to retrieve the message
> that was sent to him from Member-A.
>
> So the question is HOW do I manage this on ONE form-submit-page. Right
> now the form-submit causes the message to be stored in an Oracle-table,
> but I cannot see how I can ALSO cause this submit to kick off the SMTP
> mail???

You can call a procedure from within the main procedure.

This mailing procedure would then do the mailing for you.

There are a number of ways to do this.

The UTL_HTTP package alows you to make calls to other internet scripts.

So what you could do is write your perl script to accept the to,subject,message and fire off a mail