Re: SQL Tuning

From: Roman Gelfand <rgelfand_at_masmid.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 11:53:33 -0500

The version of Oracle is 7.3.4.0.1

Below is an access path for the statement in question. Also, could you tell me in this example the order in which Oracle compares columns in the where clause. Thanks a lot for your help.

Optimiser mode: ANALYZED
Optimiser mode: CHOOSE
  SELECT STATEMENT
    SORT ORDER BY

      NESTED LOOPS
        NESTED LOOPS OUTER
          NESTED LOOPS OUTER
            MERGE JOIN
              SORT JOIN
                FILTER
                  MERGE JOIN OUTER
                    SORT JOIN
                      NESTED LOOPS
                        MERGE JOIN
                          SORT JOIN
                            TABLE ACCESS FULL TABLE_MOD_LEVEL
                          SORT JOIN
                            TABLE ACCESS FULL TABLE_PART_NUM
                        TABLE ACCESS BY ROWID TABLE_SITE_PART
                          BITMAP CONVERSION TO ROWIDS
                            BITMAP MINUS
                              BITMAP INDEX SINGLE VALUE
IND_SITE_PART2PART_INFO
                              BITMAP INDEX SINGLE VALUE IND_LEVEL_TO_BIN
                    SORT JOIN
                      TABLE ACCESS FULL TABLE_PRODUCTBIN
              SORT JOIN
                TABLE ACCESS FULL TABLE_SITE