Re: Enterprise Manager - User Authentication

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 15:27:50 +0100

Hi Ariel,

This was a question I expected. You need to have an user on your local NT-domain with administrator privileges and the right to log on as a batch job. AFAIK the only way to get it working is: make sure you have this account on the server too ( I use oradba in the dba group on RS6000) and make sure you have this same account as oracle account too. The oracle account needs to have sysdba privilege. Hopefully this is an online backup. Though the backup wizard does create scripts for offline backups, it doesn't include code to shut the database.

Good luck,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA