Re: linux lib nsl???

From: Holger Burde <j03k_at_alf.zfn.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:40:58 +0000

rens wrote:

> Steve Haynes wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I have a base SUSE 5.2 linux install and have
> > upgraded to 2.0.35 kernel and libc 2.0.6.
> > Oracle install *almost* works but fails
> > on relinking executables with -lnsl not found.
> > any ideas appreciated.
> > Thanks
> > Steve
> > --
> > Please remove nospam from my address to Reply.
>
> SuSE ? the problem is that the linker can't find the directory nsl (
> under your ORACLE_HOME ) and therefore cannot resolv the calls to the
> librarie(s) that live there. With slackware, you put the lib dir in
> /etc/ld.so.conf and execute "ldconfig" ( as root ) to tell the OS that
> these libs exist and where.
>
> I could not get oracle compiling/linking/running on redhat, but I could
> under slackware. ( same problem....)

hi;
Same with S.u.s.e 5.3 . I tried some versions von libc2.0.{6,7} with libnsl.so.? available but the linker is not able to find these libs (used ld.so.conf , LD_LIBRARY_PATH ..). I would really like to know whats wrong. Another point is that the docu states something about uid/gid which can be set via orainst menu where the software is choosen. This is defintitly not the case with my orainst ! I also double checked uid/gid which are the cause (handbook.ps) for re-linking. Opps !

UNIX SysAdmin - BCI GmbH
Business: hburde@bci-bremen.de ; http://www.bci-bremen.de Private: hburde@t-online.de ; http://home.t-online.de/home/hburde