Re: linux lib nsl???

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:40:37 +0000

In article <3638544A.91EDB6DC_at_alf.zfn.uni-bremen.de>, Holger Burde <j03k_at_alf.zfn.uni-bremen.de> writes
>hi;
>Same with S.u.s.e 5.3 . I tried some versions von libc2.0.{6,7} with
>libnsl.so.? available but the linker is not able to find
>these libs (used ld.so.conf , LD_LIBRARY_PATH ..). I would really like to
>know whats wrong. Another point is that the docu
>states something about uid/gid which can be set via orainst menu where the
>software is choosen. This is defintitly not the
>case with my orainst ! I also double checked uid/gid which are the cause
>(handbook.ps) for re-linking. Opps !

Scream. I just ordered suse 5.3 (not arrived yet). I got past the -lnsl problem by installing a new libc2.0.6 but now orainst just segmentation faults halfway through. PLEASE PLEASE MR ORACLE JUST NAME A DISTRIBUTION WHICH WE

CAN ALL USE WHICH WILL JUST WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dare I say it... We will all spend more on buying a million cd linux versions than NT costs - and this from an NT hater.... Steve
--
Please remove nospam from my address to Reply. Received on Thu Oct 29 1998 - 13:40:37 CST