Installing Oracle Intelligent Agent on IBM/Aix Risc/6000

From: Ariel Kirson <arielk_at_exlibris.co.il>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:34:27 +0200

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install the Oracle Intelligent Agent on our IBM server, in order to enable the use of Oracle Enterprise Manager on Windows 95 machines.

Our configuration :

    IBM/Aix Risc/6000
    Oracle 7.3.3 server

So far I have done the following :

  1. Installed the Intelligent Agent components from the Orainst CD.
  2. Changed the snmp.ora, snmp_ro.ora, snmp_rw.ora files in accordance with the installation instructions (I think).
  3. Run "lsnrctl dbsnmp_start".

I receive the following error messages :

    No listener found for SID aleph0 (this is the name of my db's SID)

and then after a couple of seconds -

    NMS-00007: dbsnmp failed to allocate memory.

(The two problems don't sound related).

My questions are :

  1. Is there something in what I described that looks clearly wrong to you?
  2. Perhaps I have misunderstood some of the terminology in the inst. guide. What exactly are :
  3. Service Name. II. Database name.
  4. Do you have example *.ora files I can use as a reference ?
  5. Are there clearer inst. instructions on the web somewhere ?

I hope I have not taken up too much of your time. Thanks in advance,

Ariel Kirson
Ex Libris. Received on Tue Oct 27 1998 - 08:34:27 CST