Re: Pictures in Oracle

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:31:45 +0200

Anthony D'Cruze wrote in message <3635931d.0_at_195.182.170.1>...

>I am currently putting together an application in Delphi 2 using Oracle
>7.33. I need to be able to store images (bmps) and allow the user to
browse
>through them on a Delphi form.
>Can anyone point me in the right direction?

comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases

Off topic, but here's a very brief overview. Drop a TTable object on the form. Connect it to the Oracle database. Drop a TDataSource object on the form. Connect it to the TTable object. Grab a TDBImage object and drop it on the form. Connect it to the TDataSource and select the applicable column name from the Oracle table.

This will take care of the displaying part. Select the DBImage object and press F1 for online help to read up on how to add new images into the database.

Delphi rules. VB drools. :-)

regards,
Billy Received on Tue Oct 27 1998 - 08:31:45 CST