Re: Installing Oracle Intelligent Agent on IBM/Aix Risc/6000

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 6:30:00 +0100

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:34:27 +0100, Ariel Kirson wrote (in message <3635D9F2.ED670CE5_at_exlibris.co.il>): snip
> Our configuration : IBM/Aix Risc/6000 Oracle 7.3.3 server
snip
> I receive the following error messages :
> No listener found for SID aleph0 (this is the name of my db's SID)
> and then after a couple of seconds -
> NMS-00007: dbsnmp failed to allocate memory.
> My questions are :
>
> a) Is there something in what I described that looks clearly wrong to you? b)

> Perhaps I have misunderstood some of the terminology in the inst. guide.
> What exactly are : I. Service Name. II. Database name. c) Do

> you have example *.ora files I can use as a reference ? d) Are there clearer
> inst. instructions on the web somewhere ?

Hi Ariel,

I never installed 7.3.3 but the first working dbsnmp agent is in 8.0.4. Maybe it's wise to install that agent & listener and use it on your 7.3.3 databases. The first message is only a warning, the second looks a bit wrong to me ;-) Is $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbsnmp setuid root ?

When using the newer agents you can start to trash the snmp_r?.ora files; they are generated by the agent. If you run into problems you can edit the snmp_rw.ora as you need.

hope this helps
--
Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: june 8th, 1998) http://www.maccentral.com/news/9804/migration.shtml (forward migration home)

I think so I mac ! Received on Tue Oct 27 1998 - 23:30:00 CST