Error I'm getting: ORA-01599, trying to put many rollback segments online

From: Brendan Newman <brnewma_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:19:00 -0400

Hi there,

    I'm trying to put about 400 rollback segments online (50K each). I currently allocated 1 Gig to my rollback space. Each time I run a script that goes sequentially through the offline segments, it crashes in the middle with an oracle error:

ORA-01599 failed to acquire rollback segment "name", cache space is full (currently has 29 entries)

    Oracle on-line documentation says "the amount of allocated space is not enough". How do I increase "allocated" space? Is there a variable in the InitSID.ORA file that I need to set?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendan Received on Thu Oct 22 1998 - 13:19:00 CDT