timed_statistics anyone?

From: marc bowden <marc_at_otbbb.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 18:08:53 GMT

Hi All

I would like to get an idea of the affect on performance of switching this on. Specifically, I what I want to know, is what is the change in system behaviour when ts wre switched on.

If, eg, statis. are monitored once a second, with little usage of cpu or memory and some small amount of data is updated, then it would seem feasible to leave them on all them time on a production database.

On the other hand, if sampling is every few milliseconds and tens of thousands of rows are written to some system table somewhere then I'd take turning them on as an occasional luxury! :-)

The answer presumably lies somewhere in between these extremes - can anyone enlighten me please?

A Bientot
Marc Received on Thu Oct 22 1998 - 13:08:53 CDT