Re: Error I'm getting: ORA-01599, trying to put many rollback segments online

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 21:36:42 GMT

First Off...400 Rollback Segments!?!?!? I personally never saw it that high, has anyone else? Anyway..here is the solution: y2k% oerr ora 01599 01599, 00000, "failed to acquire rollback segment (%s), cache space is full (cur rently has (%s) entries)" // *Cause: the amount statically allocated is not enough based on // max_rollback_segments parameter. // *Action: For now take another rollback segment offline or increase the // parameter max_rollback_segments

Basically, there is the "max_rollback_segments" parameter in the init<sid>.ora file that must be raised to 400 in order for your script to run. It looks like you have the default setting of 30. Another thing to note, 50k might be small. Each transaction will have the limit of 3025k in changes at 121 max extents.

Anyway...Good Luck,
Satar Naghshineh

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin