Re: Loss of Connection on Query Execution

From: Maija-Leena Kangasmäki <maija-leena.kangasmaki_at_tietogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 16:40:37 -0700

Hi,

we also got ora-3113 and the reason was a bug (108389) when using prespawned dedicated server prosesses. I believe it's fixed in Oracle 7.3.4 and in the meantime you cannot use them. You can check your listener.ora whether you are using them or not (prespawn_max=...). I'm working with Alpha/OpenVMS so this may not help you since you are using Solaris...

There's also another bug (103660) which breaks long-lasting transactions but then you should first get ora-1013. It can be fixed by setting EXPIRE_TIME = 0 in SQLNET.ORA.

Regards,

Maija-Leena