Re: ORACLE NOT AVAILABLE message via TCP/IP - Help me!

From: Bagpuss <Young_at_Heart.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 14:12:50 GMT

Horace,

I can't get to my db's until tomorrow but, as far as I am aware, the following is true:

TWO_TASK is unset (it was set for my Forms 4.5 application as that was in a seperate ORACLE_HOME but as this is currently a test environment I have unset it for now until this problem is fixed). I am only accessing via the oracle user while I resolve this as the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID and TWO_TASK variables should be correct.

The ORACLE_HOME of both databases is identical.

I have added a line to the oratab file to reflect the new ORACLE_SID. it now looks like this (from memory):

db1:/oracle_home_db1:N
db2:/oracle_home_db2:N

where db1 and db2 are the ORACLE_SIDs and oracle_home_db1 & oracle_home_db2 are identical.

I'll recheck all these areas tomorrow in view of your reply but my suspicions are that all is well in these areas.

Thanks for your help on this!

Regards,

Bagpuss Received on Sun Oct 04 1998 - 09:12:50 CDT