Re: Data Migration from Access to Oracle8

From: Marcus N Hofer <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 09:25:37 +0200

how about that:

 install some 'intermediate' oracle database for WinNT/95 on the maschine where the Access application runs.

perform the wizard driven migration.

transport the resulting database scheme to the Oracle8 running on the solaris
via export/import.

not very elegant, but you do it only once and it will work for sure ;-)

--marcus

Todd McLain schrieb in Nachricht <6umk8s$oar$1_at_news.marinemwr.or.jp>...
>Greetings,
>
> I am currently working on a design strategy for an ISP management
>database. The current database is in Access, but we are planning to
migrate
>to Oracle8. Now, I am aware of the Oracle Migration Assitant for MS
Access,