Standby database question

From: Annick van den Broek <BISDNO_at_kpn-telecom.nl>
Date: 27 Aug 1998 13:13:10 GMT

Hello,

I have a question about a standby database. I have two servers (simple NT machines). One server is the production server and the other server is the test-server. I want the test-server to also contain a standby database (of the production server) in case the production server has hardware problems. How do I go about realizing this. If I understand correctly I have to create a database with the same initSID.ora file as the production database and start it up in Mount mode. But then what do I do? I hope somebody can help me.

Awaiting an answer
Annick Received on Thu Aug 27 1998 - 08:13:10 CDT