Re: Oracle Raw Partitions

From: G.Anbazhagan <anbu1_at_mbox3.singnet.com.sg>
Date: 27 Aug 1998 13:22:02 GMT

Hi ,
There will be no performance improvement . There will be performance degradation. When you use raw partion ,Oracle writes to the device directly. If you use file system , it is beffered. The advantage is , when power fails , you are sure the data is in the disk. Raw partition only provides better recoverabilty.

Backup is a real pain. You have to use dd ( dump ) . You cannot use file system level copying.

Raw partition is not worth trying...

regards
anbu

  1. Gordon <aog_at_capgroup.com> wrote in article <35e46366.14946541_at_news>...