Re: Oracle Raw Partitions

From: Pete Simpson <psimpson_at_oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:12:46 GMT

Raw is great when you have lots of disk... like a RAID cabinet that does the cacheing for you. Backup is best done with Oracle utilities, not unix commands. Our RAID cabinet allows us to add disk, resize, move disks, etc. all while the database is UP. This, for us, is a MAJOR advantage of RAW v.s. filesystem.

Pete

--
Peter J. Simpson |          psimpson_at_oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu
Have a hobie day!| Received on Thu Aug 27 1998 - 10:12:46 CDT