Re: Standby database question

From: Chris Kempster <c.kempster_at_cowan.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:39:30 +0800

To be honest I cant remember the specifics but any good DBA book will tell you, anyhow:

  1. Standby DB is running in recovery mode
  2. Archive logs from primary DB are applies, at intervals via scripts etc to the standby DB keeping in relatively in sync.
  3. Both database have the same SID
  4. Upon failure, copy over online redo's (if possible) and apply outstanding archive logs.
  5. Open the DB

The standby now becomes your PRIMARY DB, you dont (usually) switch back over when things are Ok but that is an operational issue.

<01bdd1bc$469f8c40$c12017ac_at_sherekahn>...