Re: Database cloning

From: Alan Johns <Alan_at_tarragon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 10:56:40 +0100

There is a product available from Princeton Softech called 'Move for Servers - Oracle' which could help you with this. The tool is a relational extract and insertion tool for Oracle data that also allows copying of the DDl for the Oracle objects (tables, indexes etc) from which the data was extracted. This can then be used to clone the extracted objects into another database, and then populate that database either with all the extracted data, or a sub-set of that data. The data can also be tailored with sub-stringing, concatenetion, and date field aging techniques.

If you would like any more info, please contact me on the below number.

In article <6rhkdp$krj$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu writes
>Can anyone supply me with, or point me to a location that has information
>about cloning Oracle databases? The Oracle manuals do not have it listed
>as a topic in the index and I was only able to come up with limited
>information from Oracle's Metalink.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Joseph Lofft
>lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu

Best regards
--
  Alan Johns
  Tarragon Software Ltd - UK & Ireland Distributor for

        Princeton Softech's -   Upgrade 2000
                                Ager 2000
                                Relational Tools for DB2
                                Move for Servers - Oracle
                                Version Merger

        ELISE - the MatchMaker. Software for recruitment, estate agencies,
                                dating agencies, etc from WCC

Phone: 44(0)1480 414141
  Fax: 44(0)1480 436869 Received on Fri Aug 21 1998 - 04:56:40 CDT