PL/SQL - deleting a file (utl_file)

From: Lars Thrane <lars.thrane_at_lpt.dk>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:08:46 +0200

Hi Everybody

I have created a stored procedure, which generates a file once every day (using UTL_FILE and DBMS_JOB). The filename is TO_CHAR(sysdate, 'DDMMYY":DATA"'). But only the files for the last three days should exist on the server, so I need to delete older files.

How can this be done from a stored procedure ??

Best regards

Lars Received on Fri Aug 21 1998 - 05:08:46 CDT