Installations on SUN Solaris 2.6 OS

From: <dwbeauregard_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 23:38:48 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying to install database objects for an Oracle 7.3.4.0.1 Enterprise server on my SUN Ultra10 box running Solaris 2.6. I have, in the past, installed this server on a SUN SPARC station running 2.5. OS. When I try to install and create a nearly identical database on the Ultra10, the installer fails to create database objects. The crdb<sid>.lst spool file from the output the attempted execution of the crdb<sid>.sql script lists the following errors: ORA-07331: smsnsg: unable to allocate the variable portion of the SGA Additional information: 4 create database "orac" * ORA-01034: ORACLE not available Disconnected.

Any ideas? I've tried installing new product software only, and running a second installer session to create database objects. The same errors were found. Could this be a SUN Solaris 2.6 compatibility problem?

Daryl Beauregard
GIS Technician and DBA
B.C. Forest Service Smithers.
Canada