Re: Oracle 8.1

From: St Erroneous <Xishamael_at_goliath.mersinet.co.ukX>
Date: 16 Aug 1998 16:09:00 +0100

Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> seems to have written:
>Someone, attribution lost of the windows of Usenet, wrote:
>>Is [8.1] the version where they replace PL/SQL with Java?
>No PL/SQL is not being replaced. PL/SQL is here to stay. Augment,
>supplement, in addition to -- yes. Replace -- no way.

It is, so They say, the version where They implement that most elusive, most wished-for, most fumed-over of commands:

ALTER TABLE <FU> RENAME COLUMN <BAR> <BAZ>;

(although I suppose that might pop it in the _modify_ clause).

-michael
--
St michael (mainly) Erroneous http://goliath.mersinet.co.uk/~ishamael/  "The Lord's my backup, I shall not DAT.   He maketh me pay cash-in-hand for DLT jukeboxen.   He leadeth me in the Legato Networker restore." Received on Sun Aug 16 1998 - 10:09:00 CDT