Re: Oracle 8.1

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 14:10:20 GMT

A copy of this was sent to jhy <jhy_at_earthling.net> (if that email address didn't require changing) On 14 Aug 1998 20:49:43 GMT, you wrote:

>(taking rod back, casting lure into the deep pools of Oracle knowledge...)
>
>Is this the version where they replace PL/SQL with Java?

No PL/SQL is not being replaced. PL/SQL is here to stay.

Augment, supplement, in addition to -- yes. Replace -- no way.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sat Aug 15 1998 - 09:10:20 CDT