problem installing OR 7.3.1

From: David Zlotchenko <zlotchen_at_voyager.rtd.utk.edu>
Date: 16 Aug 1998 17:32:30 GMT

Hi, I seem to have passed installation stage from CDROM to disk, now I have strange problems at the post installation stage. I am installing Oracle Enterprize Server 7.3.1 on Solaris 2.6.

The oracle user home dir is /export/home2/oracle/, installation path and $ORACLE_HOME are /export/software/oracle/7.3.1. I logged as root to run orainst/root.sh script and here is what I get:

root% ./root.sh

Running ORACLE7 root.sh script...

The following environment variables are set as:

    ORACLE_OWNER= oracle
    ORACLE_HOME=  /export/software/oracle/7.3.1
    ORACLE_SID=   oars

Are these settings correct (Y/N)? [Y]: Y

Enter the full pathname of the local bin directory [/opt/bin]:

Checking for "oracle" user id...
ORACLE_HOME does not match the home directory for oracle. Okay to continue? [N]: Y
Please raise the ORACLE owner's ulimit as per the IUG.

Leaving common section of ORACLE7 root.sh.

root%

I login as oracle and check ulimit:
oracle% ulimit -a

time(seconds)        unlimited
file(blocks)         unlimited
data(kbytes)         2097148
stack(kbytes)        8192
coredump(blocks)     0
nofiles(descriptors) 64
vmemory(kbytes)      unlimited

oracle%

Would anybody suggest what IUG is, where can I read about it? Does the problem above refer to the data ;imit or file limit? How do I go about it?

THanks in advance.

Please copy me via e-mail at zlotchen_at_utk.edu.

David.
David Zlotchenko
Sr. Systems Analyst Phone: (01) (423) 974-6601 Academic & Research Services Email: zlotchen_at_utk.edu University of Tennessee WWW: http://www.oars.utk.edu/~zlotchen Received on Sun Aug 16 1998 - 12:32:30 CDT