Embedded CTRL-ENTER in Text File??

From: Hank Riehl <hankr_at_skillview.com>
Date: 8 Aug 1998 11:06:45 GMT

We have several ASCII delimited files which are table-outputs from Sybase we want to bring into Oracle via SQL*Loader.

Some longer VARCHAR2 columns have data which contain embedded CTRL-ENTERs, for user-formatting within the column (bullet lists, etc.). Sybase's ASCII-file outputs the embedded CTRL-ENTER as "\x0d\x0a".

Does anyone know what character-combination I must replace this with (in Wordpad) so that Oracle will interpret the same meaning... and "embedded-ENTER"? An answer from another newsgroup indicated...

   CHR(13)||CHR(10)
but I'm afraid that Oracle will simply inpertret these as literal characters on the import rather than special-meaning control-characters.

Can anyone verify that this is correct, or if not, what it should be?

Thanks Received on Sat Aug 08 1998 - 06:06:45 CDT