Re: Exporting / Importing Database Users

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 12:00:32 +0200

Having done it myself several times, it is relatively simple as long as you avoid a few pitfalls:
1 Make a full database export of the old database 2 Create the new database
3 Create a second rollback segment in the SYSTEM tablespace. (Why that's not included in the default install I don' know. I assume no one is using a one tablespace database. I allways forget to do it initially) 4 Create all tablespaces in the new database. Tablespace name shouldn't change, filenames of datafiles MUST change. If you don't have a script that will generate a create tablespace script for you, look on the support notes cd, or reply to this e-mail and I will send one to you. Don't have it with me currently. 5 perform a full database import with ignore=y and log=<some filename>. Ignore is necessary as they are create tablespace statements in the import, and the tablespaces are already.

Hth
Sybrand Bakker
(postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl)