Who likes Solid-State disks?

From: doid <doid_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:38:17 GMT

Hi everybody,

I've never noticed any discussion of this subject here. I'm wondering if anybody here has used solid-state disk, and how well it's worked out. This is really just a hypothetical question. I'm not planning to make any purchases.

If you need it and can afford it, I imagine that it would be great for the TEMP tablespace.

I've also got a REALLY dumb question: would this be appropriate for the rollback segments? As long as the redo logs are on permanent storage, recovery would be possible, wouldn't it?

thanks,

doid

--
The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official position of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed. Received on Tue Jul 21 1998 - 10:38:17 CDT