Re: Who likes Solid-State disks?

From: jhy <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:26:47 -0400

I used one once years ago on an old VAX/VMS system. We were running Oracle 6 as well. I thought about putting RBS or TEMP files on it but the damn thing was just to easy to blow away. As you can imagine, it has to be shutdown a certain way or your stuff gets smoked. All in all, I thought it was too expensive, too small and too unreliable. Buy more memory and make your SGA bigger.