Re: Can't start OracleTNSListener80

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 23:32:47 GMT

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:32:45 -0400, Sylvain Leclerc <SLeclerc_at_magrit.com> wrote:
>I'm a bit confused. The TNS listener listens on ports 1521 and 1526.
>Why is it called listener80. That looks more

Because they are trying to get all the version numbers to go along with the Oracle version number. Oracle 8.0, see? As opposed to 7.3 or 5.1 or...

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest or Pebble In The Sky http://www.informationquest.com mailto:jgarry@nospameiq.com http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry Remove nospam to reply. mailto:joel_garry_at_compuserve.nospam.com "See your DBA?" I AM the @#%*& DBA! Received on Fri Jul 17 1998 - 18:32:47 CDT