Re: Can't start OracleTNSListener80

From: Andy Johnson <andyj_at_mailhost.accesscom.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 23:11:05 -0500

It is called listener80 in Net8. Anyway, to the original poster, this a sort of red herring error message. The real problem, at least in my experience seeing the same sorts of problems, are syntax errors in the listener.ora file, such as mismatched parentheses. Take a good look at it. If this doesn't fix it, look at the file and directory permissions to see that the account that the listener logs into has access to the net80\admin\ directory, and to the directories that the log files are in.

Andy Johnson

Sorry if I don't include all the original text; my stupid ISP won't allow more quoted text than new text.