Re: Oracle Certification

From: Doug Cha <dcha_at_shell2.ba.best.com>
Date: 17 Jul 1998 05:03:44 GMT

DBA <proussin_at_tactik.com> wrote:
: HI,
: I did the exam with Sylvan Prometric which was a good test of your
: capabilities.
: However I agree completely with you and I have posted in the group
: against
: the new 4 tests from ORACLE at $300/test. I think it's a money scheme
: again.

In the US its only $125-$150 a test, and I don't think Oracle would consider this a big money market. It is important to drive the market and part of that is done by helping to supply more competent DBA's.

At any rate, studying for the OCP doesn't hurt. You'll wind up learning a few tricks, and it will probably help you get your resume past a few more HR departments. Received on Fri Jul 17 1998 - 00:03:44 CDT