Re: Oracle Certification

From: David Schweisguth <davids_at_tracy.pangeasystems.com>
Date: 14 Jul 1998 19:39:49 GMT

Scott Cote (scottcotexy_at_contractor.net) wrote: : Any of you who are certified - has it really helped?

Not yet. As best I can determine, people who interviewed me since I got the certification were more interested in experience and demonstrated ability. That may partly be because I'm in a very vertical market. I don't think it would be easy for someone without a year or so experience to pass the test, but I wouldn't hire someone with the certification but not the experience.

I sent for the artwork, which turned out to be a couple of logos on glossy paper. Bummer -- I had hoped for a sculpture, or perhaps a tape of some performance art.

I should mention that I was fortunate enough to have been able to take the tests for free at last year's OpenWorld, so I didn't have to consider beforehand whether they would be worth $1200 to me or my employer.

--

Dave Schweisguth                              Work: davids_at_pangeasystems.com
Pangea Systems                                Home: dschweisguth_at_earthlink.net