Re: 2GB file size limit in Solaris?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 00:39:28 GMT

On 14 Jul 1998 16:40:00 GMT, David Schweisguth <davids_at_tracy.pangeasystems.com> wrote:
>Tim Romano (tim_at_ot.com) wrote:
>: A company for whom I'm developing some applications on 7.3/NT just purchased
>: a Sun Sparc which will eventually replace the NT box as the Oracle server.
>: The vendor installing the Sun and setting up Oracle has claimed that there's
>: a 2GB file size limit under Solaris? Is that so?
>
>Solaris 2.6 allows files larger than 2G. When last I checked, Oracle did not
>support using files larger than 2G; it was promised in an upcoming release
>of Oracle 8. (Anyone?) It is certainly helpful to be able to export to and

Well, I haven't tried it yet, but the 8.05 Release Note says O8 "provides native support for large files...however, you should verify that your file system and volume manager do not impose file size limits. Some System V file systems support a 2GB maximum file size."

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest or Pebble In The Sky http://www.informationquest.com mailto:jgarry@nospameiq.com http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry Remove nospam to reply. mailto:joel_garry_at_compuserve.nospam.com "See your DBA?" I AM the @#%*& DBA! Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 19:39:28 CDT