Re: 2GB file size limit in Solaris?

From: David Schweisguth <davids_at_tracy.pangeasystems.com>
Date: 14 Jul 1998 16:40:00 GMT

Tim Romano (tim_at_ot.com) wrote:
: A company for whom I'm developing some applications on 7.3/NT just purchased
: a Sun Sparc which will eventually replace the NT box as the Oracle server.
: The vendor installing the Sun and setting up Oracle has claimed that there's
: a 2GB file size limit under Solaris? Is that so?

Solaris 2.6 allows files larger than 2G. When last I checked, Oracle did not support using files larger than 2G; it was promised in an upcoming release of Oracle 8. (Anyone?) It is certainly helpful to be able to export to and import from large files, which one can do through a pipe even if the tools don't support it directly.

--

Dave Schweisguth                              Work: davids_at_pangeasystems.com
Pangea Systems                                Home: dschweisguth_at_earthlink.net