Re: Need Help about Tablespace Backup and Recovery

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 07:59:20 +0100

You recover the *database*, not just a tablespace - because objects across tablespaces could be related. So no, you can't just hack off a section of you database and recover that only - unless it is read-only and you set it as such.

For separate applications - as you state - why dump them all in the same database? Seems to me they should be in separate db's. That would also solve you recover problem.

Just my take.

MotoX.