Re: Strange ROWID problem

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 13 Jul 98 22:03:25 +0100

On 11-Jul-98 15:45:37 John Strange wrote:

>Try this

>select a.rowid, b.rowid
> from mytable a
> where exists (select 'x'
> from mytable b
> where a.primary_key = b.primary_key
> and a.rowid <> b.rowid
> )
>/

Hello John,

this one solves the problem not comletely because it gives *both* of the duplicate rows. I just want one!
Well normally I don't do the select but I do delete. Consider this:

delete my_table where rowid in
(select a.rowid from
 mytable a, my_table b
 where a.rowid<b.rowid
 and a.primary_key=b.primary_key);

This one delete just one of the duplicates and keeps the second. Normally this works, but I have a table where the whole contents is deleted because the "a.rowid<b.rowid" doesn't work correctly.

Still any ideas? ;-)

Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de