Re: Strange ROWID problem

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 11 Jul 1998 14:45:37 GMT

Try this

select a.rowid, b.rowid
  from mytable a
 where exists (select 'x'

                  from mytable b
                 where a.primary_key = b.primary_key
                   and a.rowid <> b.rowid
               )

/

Lothar Armbrüster (lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de) wrote:
: Hello out there,

: today I encountered a very strange behaviour of Oracle 7.3.3.6.0 when I
: tried to eliminate duplicates from a small table.
: The problem can be reduced to the following SQL:

: select a.rowid, b.rowid
: from mytable a, mytable b
: where a.rowid<b.rowid
: and a.rowid=b.rowid;

: To my great surprise, this query resulted in 20 rows on one specific
: table!
: With any other table I tried, I got the expected empty result set.

: Can anyone put some light on that?

: Thanks in advance,
: Lothar

: --
: Lothar Armbrüster | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
: Schulstr. 12 | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de
: D-65375 Oestrich-Winkel |

--
While DSC may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job), DSC does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when you opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use. Received on Sat Jul 11 1998 - 09:45:37 CDT