Re: Creating a oracle production environment.

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 20:04:11 GMT

It's one instance=one database.

But you can have multiple instances (multiple databases) running simultaneously on the same server. I would be willing to bet that 96MB is way too small though. (Remember Oracle is an oinker and an old rule of thumb is that the sum of the sga sizes should not exceed 1/3 your RAM.) If I were you, I would consider a separate server for performance and safety. The other rule of thumb I like to remember is the the purpose of any test environment--which includes development--is to be destroyed by testing. I don't like test and production on the same machine.