Oracle Block Corrupted

From: Steve Raftery <sraft_at_webvision.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 17:41:37 -0700

Thanks in Advance!

I am currently having trouble with one of the segments in my database. When I select count(*) from tablename I recieve the following error.

ERROR:
ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted (file # 11, block # 901) ORA-01110: data file 11: '/oracle7/dbs/datafile01.dbf'

I have checked the file on disk and it seems to be okay. There is no error in the file system block so I must assume it is an error in the oracle block. I can still select rows from the table, but cannot access all of them, the ones I cannot I assume are in the corrupted block.

I would appreciate any information that would help me clear up this problem. Any tools available, such as scripts or outside vendor tools? --
Steve Raftery

Webvision
19950 Mariner Avenue
Torrance, CA 90503