Re: Oracle Block Corrupted

From: MMK Productions <nospammmkprod_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:19:55 -0400

I have experience with this on AIX 3.2.5 and Oracle 7.1.6. We found it was a non-IBM drive and it was non-repeatable. However, once, it was a real bad disk.

Solutions:

1) segment using that block was an index - re-create index
2) seg = RBS, same
3) seg = table, a) use an Oracle Support PL/SQL script to try to get most of
the data back, b) go back to a backup [I chose 'b']

Always have a data file report on hand listing the datafiles and their 'file#' value listed. Sometimes, the # is all you get in the error msg.