Re: How many days can a NT server run with Oracle ?

From: George Dau <gedau_at_pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 23:49:28 GMT

Jerome Fillon <fillon_at_colba.net> wrote:

]I thought NT freed the memory used as soon as we closed the app...

It does not. We ran a VB app for a few years here, it also had a memory leak. It would run for just over 14 days before it ran out of memory. If we closed and re-started the app, it would only run for about another week. After a full re-boot, it would go another 14 days.

There was nothing else running on the box, just the NT itself, basic out-of-the-box services and this app.

--

 ,-,_|\   George Dau,                                             __
/    * \  Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet.     (OO)