SQL*Loader - import csv

From: Martin Dick <martin.dick_at_LIKEABLESPAMneis.com.au>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:44:06 +1000

Hi,
  I've been trying to do an import through SQL Loader of a CSV file that contains too many columns for the table I'm importing into. I.e. I have a table of 5 columns, the datafile has 8 columns. I need to skip the 1st, 3rd and 4th columns in the .CSV file.

At the moment I import the CSV into a temporary table, then do an insert from there.

Is there anyway to alter the control file to make it skip the required columns?

I can't alter the format of the CSV, the commas are the only column identifiers, no " and the data is variable length.

Does anyone out there have a better solution???

Thanks,
Martin

--

remove LIKEABLESPAM from my reply address to reply by email. Received on Wed Jul 01 1998 - 23:44:06 CDT