Re: Caching RAID controllers versus non-cached RAID

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:27:02 +0100

I'd only ever use a 'write-through' cache, or a system with heavy, localised power supplies and much redundancy (like EMC Symmetrix) for the cache subsystem. If that caches goes down, your database is potentially corrupted.

Just my take, and I'd be interested to know the opinion of others on this matter.

MotoX.

rcbelanger_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <6ndi4s$7lg$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Hello:
>
>I am working on a Sun server configuration for Oracle 8.0.3 and am
considering
>two RAID alternatives. One is a Sun SPARCStorage A5000 array with about 48
GB