Re: SQL*Loader - import csv

From: Barry Jones <jonesb_at_logica.com>
Date: 2 Jul 1998 11:48:45 GMT

Martin Dick <martin.dick_at_LIKEABLESPAMneis.com.au> wrote in article <6nf36f$t5v$1_at_news.mel.aone.net.au>...
> Hi,
> I've been trying to do an import through SQL Loader of a CSV file that
> contains too many columns for the table I'm importing into.
> I.e. I have a table of 5 columns, the datafile has 8 columns.
> I need to skip the 1st, 3rd and 4th columns in the .CSV file.

Provided the volume of your data is not too great for excel you could use its parsing facilities and then re-save as csv after having removed the columns you don't need.   Received on Thu Jul 02 1998 - 06:48:45 CDT