Re: Redo logs only useful if archiving on

From: Robin Bishop <rmb8_at_bton.ac.uk>
Date: 29 Jun 1998 08:03:22 GMT

Diane

Have a look at the Oracle Server Administrators Guide. This has sections on managing and archiving the online redo logs, and on auditing the database. It's jolly confusing at first isn't it? But it does make sense eventually - just don't panic.
--
Robin Bishop
University of Brighton Computer Centre

DS <ldcs3_at_mychoice.net> wrote in article <6n6fu9$ght$1_at_news-2.news.gte.net>...
> Help please. Redo logs, archive logs, online logs. Can you explain the
> difference to me? What about audit logs? Do they equal archive logs?
> Where are these logs located and how can they be accessed if needed?
What