Re: How enforce on update cascade ?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:40:42 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Jarek Palka" <triss_at_zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:49:50 +0200, you wrote:

>I've two tables : table A with primary key and table B with foreign key
>referencing to primary key in table A. How can I update primary key in table
>A without disabling referential integrity constraints in table B ? I'd like
>to do such action: when there is update on table A all child records are
>automatically updated, too. There is no possibility to do this on triggers
>without disabling referential integrity. Updating table A cause an error :
>child record found, updating table B cause an error : parent key not found.
>We've Oracle server ver. 7.3.2
>
>Jarek Palka, P.I.Kamsoft
>Katowice, Poland

Goto http://govt.us.oracle.com/

Follow the link to downloadable utilities. One of the utilities is a package that creates the needed triggers to perform an update cascade. It also explains how it is done.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Mon Jun 22 1998 - 07:40:42 CDT