How enforce on update cascade ?

From: Jarek Palka <triss_at_zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:49:50 +0200

I've two tables : table A with primary key and table B with foreign key referencing to primary key in table A. How can I update primary key in table A without disabling referential integrity constraints in table B ? I'd like to do such action: when there is update on table A all child records are automatically updated, too. There is no possibility to do this on triggers without disabling referential integrity. Updating table A cause an error : child record found, updating table B cause an error : parent key not found. We've Oracle server ver. 7.3.2

Jarek Palka, P.I.Kamsoft
Katowice, Poland Received on Thu Jun 18 1998 - 06:49:50 CDT