Re: Recovery question

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:42:55 -0500

Oracle thinks no recovery is required because the SCN's in all the file headers match the SCN in the control files. This is what you always get when you restore the control files from the same backup as the data files.

To get around this, you must add 'using backup controlfile' to your recover database command.