Re: RAID vs Redo log mirroring

From: DET <none_at_i_hate_spammers.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 07:40:57 -0700

You do
"rm *"
then discover you are in the wrong directory.

RAID 5 will faithfully save all actions to disk, including stupid ones. Having mirrored logs is like copying an important file to another directory every once in a while. Not absolutely necessary, but if you ever need it, you'll REALLY need it.

<01bd993e$3cf8c3c0$4baa3ec1_at_regan.bton.ac.uk>...