Re: RAID vs Redo log mirroring

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 00:37:09 GMT

Hi:

I don't believe the Oracle instance will allow you to have less than two redo log members. This is for your own good. Redo logs, even if on RAID5, RAID1, or RAID6 can become "stale" (that is, have a write error). The Oracle instance knows when this happens, and will simply use the redo log from the other member for archiving or recovery.

Good luck,
Dave

<01bd993e$3cf8c3c0$4baa3ec1_at_regan.bton.ac.uk>...